Thursday, November 13, 2008

How to burn your leg with a bag of popcorn!

You don't really want the details, trust me. Suffice it to say that I was in the middle of making microwave popcorn for the girls who had just started watching a movie downstairs when I had to sit and cuddle with Marlee for a minute. Well, she peed all over me... all cuddled up in the chair, head on my shoulder, eyes closed, suddenly my lap is all warm and wet! Ick!

So up I get out of the chair; off goes the jacket; off go the jeans; and then I hear the microwave ding: the popcorn is ready. Go to take the popcorn out of the microwave, and the bag (those things get DARNED hot) brushes against my leg as I take it from microwave to counter.

That, in a nutshell, is how you burn your leg with a bag of microwave popcorn.

Warning: do not try this at home!

1 comment:

  1. Cuddling with little ones is so worth the pee..

    But the burn...OUCH!! Hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete