Sunday, November 30, 2008

I did it! NaBloPoMo rocks!


I really enjoyed the NaBloPoMo challenge: 30 posts in 30 days. There was actually one day that I had to back-date a post, but still, NaBloPoMo really kick-started my blog posting. I'm so into it now that I'm going to do the December NaBloPoMo: 31 posts in 31 days too!

Of course, there were days where I posted totally random things, just to have something to post. But there were also a lot of days where I wouldn't have posted anything at all, and instead I sat down and edited some photos, or thought of something to post about that I otherwise would never have shared with my friends and family. (I just saw someone visiting here from NewSouthWales!). Also, I found that knowing I was going to post each day made me more interested in getting out the camera and capturing my family's daily life.

It's been really fun keeping up with all the blogs that my friends and family are doing or getting started. And someday it will be nice for the girls to be able to come here and see a little snapshot of what their life was like "way back when!" Maybe I'll look into one of those services that publishes a book out of blog entries. It would be kinda fun to do a book each year that collected all my blog entries for posterity.

Now if I could just find the time to go and work on my WordPress blog and figure out how to do all the coding so I can have a more customized blog. I have a picture in my head of what I want, but my first attempt was, well, laughable! It's a pretty big learning curve, I have to say. So I'll hopefully find some time to work on that, and then migrate all of this over to a new blog address.

Stay tuned! And keep posting!

On to December...

1 comment:

  1. Did I ever mention that I think your blogs are so much fun to read. The photos and words always put a smile on the inside of my face, even though the outside mostly remains girm ;-)

    Libby and I got two free United roundtrip flights for waiting three hours last night, of course we were doa when we got home at 1:30 AM.
    Love
    G'Pa

    ReplyDelete