The girls and I had a busy day, prepping for the littles' birthday party tomorrow. We were up and dressed first thing, off to Costco for some food for the party. After picking up some take-n-bake pizzas, a turkey roll-up tray, a cold-cuts and cheese tray, a veggie tray, and some rolls (plus a few other random things), we were outta there!
As a reward, we took ourselves to lunch at our favorite SLC lunch restaurant -- Noodle Company. The girls must have been hungry, because they devoured their lunches (a bowl of buttered noodles with parmesan for M-Moo and Miss D, and some rigatoni with marinara for K-Wiggles). I had the beef stroganoff... yummy!
Then we headed over to Maggie Moos, but got sidetracked to Jamba Juice and had a really yummy mango smoothie for dessert. Next up was some running around at the park. Mama-V got to play with her camera. No exciting shots to upload, but I did get to play with the Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority modes on the camera, learning about what each of those does and how they work. I was really happy with the crispness of some of the shots I took, especially of the girls on the swings.
So after the park, we came home and put together the goodie bags for tomorrow's shindig. This is a particularly "Park City" thing, where you simply must thank your guests for coming to the party by sending them home with a little treat bag. Ours have silly putty, play dough, a cookie cutter, a blow pop, and some stickers. The girls had a lot of funy, actually, putting them together.
After all that, we had some frozen pizza for dinner (well, it was frozen before I cooked it in the oven!) and it was off to bed. Festivities begin at 4:00, but I think Daddy-J is taking the girls out tomorrow morning so I can get the house ready for the party.
Wish all of our loved ones could be here! I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I have them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like soo much fun!! Cant wait to see pics.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday M & K.... Sending lots of love your way!!
As for the treat bags... UGH! That is not just a Your City... thing and is sooo on my annoying list... Looks like yours have some cool stuff inside though... Fun Fun Fun!!
Happy birthday girls!
ReplyDelete